PSL Accommodation service: Accueil logement PSL

Finding housing in Paris can be difficult. To help you in this quest, PSL created the PSL Accommodation service (Accueil logement PSL). Depending on your situation, you may have access to a range of solutions and support.

PSL Accommodation service

If you are French or international students enrolled for a full academic year or a dual degree in a PSL school

The rental market in the Paris Region is very tense, however you may find help with the PSL accommodation service to find a flat. You may be pick among several types of accommodations:

  • Low-rent housing via the partnerships that PSL's Service Accueil Logement is developing;
  • Private housing that landlords wish to reserve for PSL students.
  • Housing in student residences for students registered all year round.

In order to apply for accommodation in one of our residences, you must be enrolled in one of Université PSL's institutions; or, if this is your first academic year, you must have been admitted after the application process (you will be asked to provide proof). We do not manage any allocations for stays shorter than one academic year.

If you choose to be helped by PSL Accommodation Service, you will be asked to pay a €49 fee during the procedure. These fees only apply to accommodation applications processed by PSL Accommodation Service.

Allocations are granted on the basis of social criteria, geographical location (the students furthest away from PSL's campuses will naturally be given priority), and level of study (the youngest students will also be given priority).

If you are:

  • Level 5 to 7 scholarship holders: it is advisable to fill in your online Dossier Social Etudiant (DSE) each year before May 31st. The rents charged by the Crous are lower than those we can offer you through our partners. PSL's Accueil Logement Service is not connected with the Crous de Paris's allocations. However, if you wish, you can apply online at one of our residences;
  • Level 0 to 4 scholarship holders: You should submit your housing application online to PSL's Service Accueil Logement. At the same time, you can also apply to the Crous de Paris by filling out your Dossier Social Etudiant (DSE) each year before May 31st.
  • Non-scholarship students: You can apply for housing online at PSL's Service Accueil Logement in the same way as scholarship students. However, your application will not be given priority in the allocation of these accommodations.

KEEP IN MIND: Submitting an application does not automatically entitles anyone to be granted an accommodation. Nevertheless, PSL's Service Accueil Logement will do its utmost efforts to accommodate each student who requests it. Allocations are subject to availability and a waiting list will be set up.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.

Specific situations

  • International exchange students hosted at PSL institutions (e.g. Erasmus students) are invited to read the International exchange students section below;
  • Students at the ENS - PSL are invited to contact the ENS directly to apply for boarding:;
  • Students in the engineering track at Mines Paris - PSL are invited to contact directly the Maison des Mines ( and students at ESPCI - PSL should contact the direction of studies ( to apply at the ESPCI residence.

If you are a student with disability:

  • You should fill out your online Dossier Social Etudiant (DSE) (SSD) each year before May 31st for the nex start of school year in September. You should also make an appointment with the social worker in charge of disability services at the Crous de Paris, Mrs Catherine SWIECICKI, who can be contacted by phone at 01 40 51 35 57 or by e-mail. She will examine with you your request and your needs. For your information, the PSL Accommodation Service offers housing adapted to people with reduced mobility in the Housing by Dauphine residence at Saint-Ouen-sur-Seine.

In case of emergency situation with accommodation :

  • PSL's Service Accueil Logement is not able to deal with emergency situations. You should contact immediately: the Crous social service located at 39, Avenue Georges Bernanos 75005 Paris, by telephone at 01 40 51 62 00, or the social worker or the studies department of your host institution.

Need further information?

  • If you are a student enrolled in Dauphine - PSL, CPES, Licence Sciences pour un Monde Durable or a French student enrolled in one of the PSL institutions, please contact:
  • If you are an international student enrolled in any other school, please contact

Crous de Paris offers students furnished rooms and studios in university dorms. Additional services also provide access to housing subject to certain requirements:

  • Housing in student residences: Espacil Habitat offers housing to scholarship students who do not meet the criteria for CROUS.
  • Social housing reserved for scholarship students or Académie de Paris grantees (partnership agreement with social property management company Lerichemont).Submit your application package via the social assistant with the CROUS office at your school.
  • The LOKAVIZ portal managed by CROUS provides access to private housing offers (homes or apartments) that have received special status from the CNOUS and CROUS according to criteria relating to location, decency, rent amount, and landlord/tenant relationship.
  • Short-term housing arrangements for students interning in Paris or for visiting higher education faculty members can be found on the site Bed & CROUS.
La Cité internationale universitaire de Paris

The Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP) is a year-round student residence for French and international students starting at the first-year Master’s level, including PhD researchers and artists. Residents are housed in one of 40 dorms located at the CIUP international campus, and have access to a wide variety of services, including a library, theater, gym classes and equipment, dining halls, cultural activities, and administrative support.

Other solutions to find accommodation


The Crous de Paris offers students furnished rooms and studios in a university residence. Other services also provide access to accommodation under certain conditions:

  • Accommodation in residences: Espacil Habitat offers accommodation to scholarship studentswho does not meet the conditions of the Crous.
  • Social housing only for scholarship students or recipients of study grants from the Académie de Paris (partnership agreement with the social landlord Lerichemont). You should contact the Crous social worker at you host institution to have your application transmitted.
  • On the LOKAVIZ website, managed by Crous, you can find ads from private landlords (tither individuals or residences) whose dwellings have been labeled by the Cnous and the Crous according to criteria of location, decency, rent price and landlord/tenant relationship.
  • Short-term accommodation for students on an internship in Paris or higher education staff on a trip is available on the Bed & Crous website.
La Cité internationale universitaire de Paris

Throughout the year, the Cité internationale universitaire de Paris (CIUP) hosts French and international students (Master 1 and higher level), researchers (PhD holders) and artists. They are accommodated in one of the 40 houses on the CIUP's international campus and they benefit from a range of services (library, theatre, sport lessons and facilities, catering facilities, cultural activities, administrative procedures, etc.).

Housing for young workers or with charitable organizations

Housing for young people

  • ALJT : The Association pour le Logement des Jeunes Travailleurs offers housing and support services to young students aged 18 to 32 years old who are on professional mobility or in integration courses.
    CLLAJ: The Comité Local pour le Logement Autonome des Jeunes de Paris informs and guides young Parisians aged 18 to 29 as they search accommodation.

Charitable organizations

Several charitable organizations put students in touch with people offering a room in their accommodation. Registration is done online:

House share

You may find a house to share or a roommate with:

  • Kaps project (Kolocation à Projets Solidaires) offers a student shared flat in a popular neighbourhood, linked to a social action with and for its inhabitants.
  • CoopColoc:an innovative system of shared student accommodation in Paris, where the housing on offer comes from the social housing stock.

Website with offers for shared housing:

Privately-owned residences for students and researchers

These residences offer furnished apartments, generally studios with auxiliary services (laundry, gym, general surveillance, wifi) ; the tenants are entitled to APL benefits (Housing Assistance).
Information, visits, online lease and reservations:

Practical information

Housing allowances and benefits
Leasing guarantors
  • Loca-Pass : guarantor only for housings under an agreement and those giving right to the APL (housing benefit).
  • La Clé (Caution locative étudiante) is a State guarantor available to students who do not have a guarantor for their accommodation.
  • VISALE: Guarantor granted to young people under the age of 30 and to employees over the age of 30 who do not yet have a confirmed permanent contract and who are tenants in the private property portfolio (for their main residence).
Financial support

The Fonds de solidarité pour le logement (FSL) may grant financial support for the expense related to accommodation (bills, rent...).

Legal support

ADIL (Agence Départementale d’Information sur le Logement de Paris): an association whose mission is to provide legal counsel on all matters relating to housing. Free legal counsel by appointment is available in all town halls.

Useful terms
  • m² (square meter): Unit to calculate the living space. The loi Carrez is the name of the law detailing how to calculate living space in France. .
  • Charges (additional charges): Rental prices are indicated either excluding charges (HC or HT) and/ or with charges included (CC or TCC). Monthly rental charges usually include building maintenance and rental taxes. Generally, these charges include cold water (ask for confirmation) and sometimes heating, this is called “collective heating”.
  • L’état des lieux (inventory of fixtures): These two documents are written on your first arrival at the accommodation (incoming inventory) and when you hand it over (outgoing inventory), in the presence of both the tenant and the landlord. The document describes precisely the general state of the apartment (cleanliness, electrical network, heating, wall paintings, floors, sanitary facilities, etc.). Be careful, the comparison of these two documents will be used as a reference to determine possible damage and determine responsibilities. The owner will decide on this basis to return all or part of the security deposit when you leave.
  • Le délai de préavis (notice period): Before leaving your home, it is essential to notify the landlord within the time limit set by law, called “notice period”. This period is set at 1 month for rentals in Paris and its suburbs. The letter indicating your departure from the accommodation must be sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt (courrier recommandé avec accusé de réception). The landlord will be entitled to claim the months of rent you owe them.
  • Le garant (guarantor): Also called “la caution”: a person who stands surety for the tenant’s debt. In case the tenant doesn’t pay the rent and additional charges, the guarantee is required to pay them (Article 2288 du Code civil).
  • Le bail (lease agreement): The lease agreement describes the rights and duties of the landlord and the tenant. Part of the information is required by law. The rules depend on the type of accommodation --either furnished or empty.