Presentation of the dissertation prize: Artificial Intelligence, Data Sciences and Interfaces
- Presentation of the dissertation prize: Artificial Intelligence, Data Sciences and Interfaces
The jury of the PSL I ADELI dissertation prize awarded one prize and two honorable mentions to outstanding works in Artificial Intelligence and Data Sciences. The awards will be presented at an official ceremony at the ENS - PSL on Dcember 6 2019 in the presence of the winners and will include a conference and a round table.
Program of the ceremony
- 8-9 a.m.: Welcome (coffee)
- 9-9:15: Opening by Université PSL and association ADELI
- 9:15-10: Lecture (speaker to be confirmed)
- 10-10:30: Scientific presentation by Damien Scieur
- 10:30-10:35: Dissertation award to Damien Scieur for his dissertation "Accélération des méthodes d'optimisation", under the direction of Francis Bach and Alexandre d'Aspremont.
- 10:35-10:55: Break
- 10:55-11:25: Scientific presentation by Anaëlle Wilczynski and Mariana Babo-Rebelo
- 11:25-11:30: Honorable mentions award to Anaelle Wilczynski, "Interaction entre agents modélisée par un réseau social dans des problématiques de choix social computationnel" under the direction of Laurent GOURVES and to Mariana Babo-Rebelo, "Anchoring the self in the neural monitoring of visceral signals : how heartbeat-evoked responses encode the self" under the direction of Catherine Tallon-Baudry.
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.: Round Table on AI Issues (Moderator: Jamal Atif)
- 12-12:10: Award of the prize by ADELI
- 12:10p.m.: Closing and small cocktail.
The PSL I ADELI Artificial Intelligence, Data Sciences and Interfaces Dissertation Prize
Created in partnership with the association ADELI, the dissertation prize aims to reward and promote the best dissertation work of young PSL researchers in the disciplines of Artificial Intelligence, data sciences, as well as their applications to the human and social sciences, and experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, biology, etc). The jury selected a winner and awarded two honorable mentions.