Effective as of September 5, 2017
1. Data collected by PSL
In the context of the Institutional Portal, PSL may collect and process the following User data:
- User account identifiers: User name and email address.
As part of the Admissions Platform, PSL may collect and process the following User data:
- Identity and contact details: title, surname, first names, address, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), fax number, e-mail addresses, date and place of birth, nationality, photo, photocopy of a national identity card;
- Family, economic and financial situation: marital status, socio-professional category and profession of parents, type of grant, national service;
- Professional life: CV, cover letter, copy of transcripts and diplomas obtained, letter of recommendation;
- Authentication details: NIT code;
- Personal data of the applicant's academic or professional referee: surname, first name, title, email address, establishment.
In the context of the Call for Projects Platform, PSL may collect and process the following User data:
- Identity: title, surname, first names, telephone number (landline and/or mobile), e-mail address, country of origin, photocopy of national identity card;
- Family, economic and financial situation: employing establishment, training courses attended, type of contract, place of work;
- Professional life: CV, publications in the last 5 years.
In accordance with Article 6 of the RGPD, consent to data processing will be requested from the User for all of the purposes mentioned below. By way of derogation, consent may not be requested if the processing is aimed at PSL's strict compliance with a legal obligation to which it is subject.
The compulsory nature of the information that the User must provide on the Site is indicated at the time of data collection and on the corresponding forms by an asterisk and/or a list of compulsory fields. Any failure to reply or any reply deemed abnormal by PSL may result in PSL refusing to take the User's request into account.
PSL may ask the User to provide certain personal data for prospecting/marketing communication purposes (sending newsletters, invitations to events, etc.). The User may explicitly and freely consent or not to the collection and processing of his/her personal data for these purposes by ticking a box. The User also has the option of unsubscribing at any time, at least by e-mail, or even via a dedicated interface.
2. Purposes of processing
As data controller, PSL collects Users' personal data in a lawful and fair manner and in compliance with their rights. The main purpose of collecting personal data is to provide Users with a safe, optimal, efficient and personalized experience.
The information collected by PSL, including personal data, is used for the following purposes:
- To manage the creation of User accounts;
- To manage the submission of applications for PSL courses;
- Collect recommendations from academic or professional referees for applicants to PSL courses;
- Manage the submission of applications in response to PSL calls for projects;
- Manage members, donors and donations;
- Send newsletters and other prospecting messages (with the User's consent);
- Compile statistics and improve the Site and Services;
- Communicate with Users and answer their questions;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations.
3. Data collected by means of cookies
Cookies may be used on the Site. Cookies are small files that are stored on the User's computer or on any electronic communications device used by the User when browsing the Site. These files enable the exchange of status information between the Site and the User's browser.
PSL uses the following cookies:
- Browsing cookies: These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the Site and its functionalities. These cookies do not collect information intended for use in commercial prospecting or advertising targeting.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information on how the Site is used by all Users. In particular, performance cookies help to identify particularly popular sections of the Site and to count the number of visits. These elements enable us to adapt the Site's content to the needs of Users, and thus to improve the range and ergonomics of the Services offered on the Site. For statistical purposes, the Site uses Google Analytics.
The User's prior consent, via the cookie banner displayed on the Site, is required before reading or depositing any cookies that are not strictly necessary for the operation of the Site and/or the provision of Services.
Cookies not required for the operation of the Site and/or Services are stored for a maximum period of 13 months. After this period, the User's consent will again be required before any new cookies are deposited.
You can delete any cookies that have been installed in your browser's cookie folder. Each browser offers different procedures for managing your settings:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
If you do not use any of the above browsers, you will need to select the "cookies" option in the "Help" function to obtain information about the location of your cookie folder.
Please note that if you choose to disable cookies completely, you may not be able to use all our features.
4. La durée de conservation des données
Les données collectées seront conservées pour une durée minimum, en fonction des finalités recherchées par PSL. En fonction du traitement, la durée se trouve différente :
Procédure Durée de conservation des données
Cookies site institutionnel 13 mois
Dossier individuel pour admission dans les formations PSL 5 ans à compter du dépôt du dossier
Enregistrement des candidatures aux appels à projets PSL 5 ans à compter du dépôt du dossier
|Procédure||Durée de conservation des données|
|Cookies site institutionnel||13 mois|
|Dossier individuel pour admission dans les formations PSL||5 ans à compter du dépôt du dossier|
|Enregistrement des candidatures aux appels à projets PSL||5 ans à compter du dépôt du dossier|
5. Les droits des Utilisateurs sur leurs données à caractère personnel
En application du Chapitre III du RGPD relatif aux droits de la personne concernées, l’Utilisateur peut à tout moment demander à PSL, responsable de traitement, l’accès aux données collectés. Dans les mêmes conditions, il peut également faire valoir un droit à la portabilité de ses données, à l’effacement, à la rectification ainsi qu’un droit d’opposition au traitement.
L’Utilisateur a également la possibilité de retirer à tout moment le consentement sur lequel était fondé le traitement, sans porter atteinte à la licéité de celui-ci avant retrait.
PSL a désigné un Délégué à la protection des données. Pour exercer ses droits ou pour toute autre question relative à la protection des données personnelles, l’Utilisateur peut lui adresser une demande par les moyens suivant :
• Par mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Par courrier : Université PSL Affaires juridiques / DPO 60 rue Mazarine 75006 Paris
PSL pourra demander à l’Utilisateur de lui fournir une preuve d’identité avant de répondre à sa demande.
L’Utilisateur a la possibilité d’introduire une réclamation auprès de la Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) si elle considère que les traitements dont elle a fait l’objet ont été exercés en violation du règlement européen pour la protection des données.
6. Exactitude des données à caractère personnel
L’Utilisateur s’engage à ce que les données à caractère personnel le concernant communiquées sur le Site soient à jour, exactes, complètes et non équivoques.
7. Communication of Users' personal data
PSL undertakes to retain all personal data collected via the Site and to share such data only in certain circumstances and in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations.
In particular, PSL may grant access to Users' personal data to third-party service providers, acting as subcontractors, in order to perform services relating to the Site and in particular hosting, storage, analysis, data processing, database management or IT maintenance services.These service providers will only act on PSL's instructions and will only have access to Users' personal data in order to perform these services and will be bound by the same security and confidentiality obligations as PSL.
PSL may also be required to communicate data concerning PSL students to the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research on an annual basis via the SISE information flow.In addition, the User's personal data may be shared with third parties for the following reasons:
- In the context of a merger or acquisition of all or part of PSL by a third party, which the User accepts;
- In response to legal or administrative proceedings of any kind or to law enforcement measures requested by the competent authorities;
8. Transfer of Users' personal data
Personal data collected by PSL on the Site is not transferred outside the European Economic Area, with the exception of the email campaign tracking system for which the Pardot application is used and which may involve the transfer of certain data outside the European Economic Area. In this situation, PSL obtains the consent of its users and ensures that they are kept informed, and guarantees to make its best efforts to ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data by its subcontractors.
9. Security and protection of Users' personal data
The security of personal data is one of PSL's priorities. PSL undertakes to take all reasonable administrative and technical measures to prevent any disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal data provided by a User (access control, password security, access according to specific authorizations, etc.).
11. Contacting PSL