Women involved in Science
The International Day fof Women and Girls in Science, celebrated annually on February 11, was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly to promote the full and equal access and participation of women and girls in science. This day is a reminder that women and girls play a key role in the scientific and technological community and that their participation must be strengthened.
On this occasion the EELISA InnoCORE European University and the EELISA "Gender and Inclusion" Working Group are organizing a debate to offer an overview of the realities, opportunities and challenges faced by women who are part of the EELISA institutions and who make a difference in the scientific field.
The event will be hosted by Sofia D'Aguiar (EELISA executive director) and Maria Rentetzi (head of the Chair of Science, Technology and Gender Studies at FAU).
Here is the list of speakers:
• Romane Boutillier, PhD student Building architectural surfaces Graph theory and large transformations for form finding (ENPC) (à confirmer)
• Laura Sommovigo, PhD student in Physics (SNS)
• Sara Moccia, Assistant Professor at BioRobotics Institute and at the Department of Excellence in Robotics & AI (SSSA)
• Professor Irina Severin, Full professor and also the vice-dean of the Industrial Engineering and Robotics Faculty (UPB)
• Borbala Schenk, Administrative staff (BME) (à confirmer)
• Sonia Roig, Director of UPM’s International School of Doctorate (à confirmer)
• Burcu Bulut, Librarian (ITU)
• Solène Demay, Former student; Funder of WoMinesPSL; Senior consultant at Roland Berger (PSL)