The Master’s degree program in Law at Dauphine–PSL produces professionals who are versed in management and economic issues and helps them acquire cross-disciplinary methodologies and skills.
With a strong international orientation thanks to numerous cooperative agreements with institutions outside France, the program prepares students for competitive entrance exams in regulated professions once the first year of study has been completed. Offering 15 areas of concentration in the second year and a curriculum that is closely tied to the business world and the challenges it faces, the Master’s degree opens the door to multiple career opportunities in France and worldwide.
- A cross-disciplinary program of legal study that incorporates management and economics and is taught primarily by professionals in the field.
- A thorough understanding of judicial regulation of the economic process with regard to both public and private law and from an in-house, European and international perspective.
- Wide-ranging career opportunities in every area of the legal profession.
- Access to international opportunities.
Attorney; in-house expert for corporate legal division; legal expect in the financial and regulatory sectors; insurance manager.
Business and Tax Law: This specialization is designed to train high-level legal experts intending to join the judicial and legal profession, while also offering training in and through research. Students acquire theoretical and practical legal knowledge in every aspect of business and tax law in both the public and private sectors, as well as extra-legal knowledge and skills they will need for their future professional activities.
Public Law and Governance: This specialization is designed for students who wish to work within or in close contact with a government body. It is conducted as an apprenticeship, but it is also open to students in full-time study who seek a research-based education. Students gain theoretical and practical knowledge in public law but also economics and political science.
Assets: This specialization trains legal experts who plan to become a notary, an asset manager in banking or insurance, an attorney specializing in asset law or a consultant in asset management. Students acquire a basic knowledge of law and related disciplines while enjoying access to hands-on apprenticeships and an introduction to learning in and through research.
Dauphine–PSL: Place du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 75016 Paris
Prerequisites for Master's year 1 Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in law or a degree from a high-level French university or equivalent institution.
Based on an application and interview. The application should be submitted online at the MyCandidature application platform
National Master’s degree conferred by Université PSL and prepared at Dauphine–PSL.
- Training in law that is unmatched in France, with a strong career focus, a wide range of concentrations and unique offerings (preparation for the New York, California and U.K. Bar; a business law curriculum that combines public and private law; an international law concentration taught in English, etc.).
- A strong degree of internationalization, with opportunities to take part in academic exchange programs with partner universities in Europe, Asia and North and South America for a semester or a full year; courses taught in English, etc.
- Close ties to research: the Master’s program is affiliated with PSL’s graduate program in Law and draws on the Dauphine Law Research Center (CR2D), while the three areas of specialization in the first year of the program each include a research track.
- An extensive ecosystem of partners, including legal institutions (French Court of Cassation, the Autorité des Marchés Financiers regulatory body, the MEDEF employer federation, France’s Conseil d’Etat), law firms, businesses (EY Société d’Avocats, Casino Group), local governments and French government ministries. These relationships provide opportunities for high-level technical supervision and a wide range of internships, work-study programs and exchanges in France and abroad.
- Study that is closely intertwined with the business world and aligned with the needs of businesses (most of the instructors in the Master’s program also hold a position in a business or consulting firm).
- Close academic supervision, with teaching in small groups that encourages ongoing interaction between teachers and students, a strong sense of class spirit and active networking among current students and alumni through the Juristes à Dauphine association.
Head of the Master's program: Georges Decocq, Professor
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Cognitive science
- Data Science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences