The Master’s degree program in Law at Dauphine–PSL produces professionals who are versed in management and economic issues and helps them acquire cross-disciplinary methodologies and skills.
With a strong international orientation thanks to numerous cooperative agreements with institutions outside France, the program prepares students for competitive entrance exams in regulated professions once the first year of study has been completed. Offering 14 areas of concentration in the second year and a curriculum that is closely tied to the business world and the challenges it faces, the Master’s degree opens the door to multiple career opportunities in France and worldwide.
This master's degree is part of the graduate program in Law.
- Benefit from an interdisciplinary law programme with a strong dimension of management and economics, taught by Dauphine Law school academics as well as leading practitioners.
- Allows students to understand the regulatory aspect of the economic process from the perspective of French private & public law as well as European and international law.
- Offers various perspectives from within the French legal professions, and a parallel course allows for training for the US Bar / solicitor in the UK.
- Benefit from international opportunities, including exchanges, numerous visiting professors from leading US, UK and European law schools, foreign trips, seminars and lunch series organised by the faculty.
In M1, 3 courses:
- Business Law and Taxation major
- Public Governance major: work-study program
- Heritage major
In M2, numerous courses:
Click here to find out more about the organization of the Master's program and its various courses.
Attorney; in-house expert for corporate legal division; legal expect in the financial and regulatory sectors; insurance manager.
Prerequisites for Master's year 1: Bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS credits) in law or a degree from a high-level French university or equivalent institution.
Selection process: Based on an application or application and interview. The application should be submitted online at the MyCandidature application platform.
Tuition fees : More information
The courses are given in the heart of Paris on the Dauphine - PSL campus.
School for registration: Dauphine - PSL
Degree delivered:National Master’s degree conferred by Université PSL and prepared at Dauphine–PSL.
- Training in law that is unmatched in France, with a strong career focus, a wide range of concentrations and unique offerings (preparation for the New York, California and U.K. Bar; a business law curriculum that combines public and private law; an international law concentration taught in English, etc.).
- A strong degree of internationalization, with opportunities to take part in academic exchange programs with partner universities in Europe, Asia and North and South America for a semester or a full year; courses taught in English, etc.
- Close ties to research: the Master’s program is affiliated with PSL’s graduate program in Law and draws on the Dauphine Law Research Center (CR2D), while the three areas of specialization in the first year of the program each include a research track.
- An extensive ecosystem of partners, including legal institutions (French Court of Cassation, the Autorité des Marchés Financiers regulatory body, the MEDEF employer federation, France’s Conseil d’Etat), law firms, businesses (EY Société d’Avocats, Casino Group), local governments and French government ministries. These relationships provide opportunities for high-level technical supervision and a wide range of internships, work-study programs and exchanges in France and abroad.
- Study that is closely intertwined with the business world and aligned with the needs of businesses (most of the instructors in the Master’s program also hold a position in a business or consulting firm).
- Close academic supervision, with teaching in small groups that encourages ongoing interaction between teachers and students, a strong sense of class spirit and active networking among current students and alumni through the Juristes à Dauphine association.
Head of the Master's program: Georges Decocq, Professor
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Cognitive science
- Data Science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences