Mathematics and applications
The fruit of collaboration between Ecole Normale Supérieure - PSL and Dauphine - PSL, the Master's degree "Mathematics and applications" from Université PSL provides advanced training in fundamental and applied mathematics.
The training is backed by the mathematics and IT laboratories of ENS - PSL and Dauphine - PSL, as well as the research centers of partner institutions, and is part of PSL graduate program in Mathematics and applications. Mines Paris - PSL and Observatoire de Paris - PSL are also part of the curriculum.
Its ambition is to train specialists in mathematics in the broad sense, preparing for professions both in the academic sector and in those of the service and industrial sectors where modeling takes a predominant place.
- Delve deep into mathematics during the first year.
- Enhance first-year theoretical knowledge and lead into applied and theoretical mathematics.
- Pursue a doctorate or pursue studies leading towards professionalization.
The Master's degree, year 2, dedicated to specialization, offers 5 tracks:
• M2 Actuarial services
• M2 Statistical and Financial Engineering (ISF) – accessible in initial training or apprenticeship
• M2 Mathematics of Insurance, Economics and Finance (MASEF)
• M2 Mathematics, Apprenticeship and Human Sciences (MASH)
• M2 Applied and Theoretic Mathematics (MATH) | More information about PSL PhD tracks
According to the specialization track chosen in the 2nd year:
• Doctorate in theoretical or applied mathematics
• Professions in the service sector, particularly related to the evaluation of risk and decision-making (actuarial services, insurance, finance, statistics and data science).
The training is backed by the mathematics and IT laboratories of the partner establisments:
• CAS, CMM at MINES Paris - PSL
• CAMS at EHESS
• CEREMADE and LAMSADE at Dauphine - PSL
• DMA and DI at Ecole Normale Supérieure - PSL
• IMCCE at Observatoire de Paris - PSL
Prerequisites (M1): Students holding a bachelor's degree in mathematics or 180 ECTS credits from a scientific curriculum of bachelor's degree or equivalent level, and particularly students coming from the CPES of PSL, ENS -PSL, MINES Paris - PSL and the bachelor's degree in Mathematics from Dauphine - PSL.
Selection process: Based on an application or application and interview depending on tracks. The application should be submitted online at the MyCandidature application platform.
Tuition fees : More information
The courses are given in the heart of Paris on the campuses of the PSL schools involved in the Master's program. The students may also spend part of their education abroad, taking advantage of the various international agreements of PSL and the schools involved.
School for registration : Dauphine - PSL
Degree issued : National Master's degree issued by Université PSL
• Unprecedented collaboration between some of the most prestigious schools in France in the field of mathematics
• Immersion in an advanced international research ecosystem, working closely with major laboratories and scientific innovation
• A very wide range of fundamental teaching and tracks combining the complementary expertise of various partners; opportunities for varied specializations deeply rooted in the major contemporary issues of mathematics (digital transition, artificial intelligence, modeling and analysis of complex systems, data sciences related to human sciences)
• A framework of international studies, with part of the teaching given in English by researchers from foreign universities
• A strong link with the industrial and socio-economic world, a real springboard for a professional career, notably thanks to the company partnerships of Université Paris-Dauphine in the energy, insurance and finance sectors
• A campus life in the very heart of Paris, benefiting from the opportunities for meeting and inter-establishment circulation offered by Université PSL.
Master's program manager:
Stay in touch
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Political Science
- Cognitive science
- Space Science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Data Science
- Life Sciences
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Quantum engineering