Institutions, Organizations, Economics and Society
The “Institutions, Organizations, Economics and Society” Master’s degree program is the result of a collaboration between Dauphine - PSL, MINES Paris - PSL and the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS). This multidisciplinary program, rooted in a “learn by doing” approach to research, is designed to train a new generation of researchers and experts, able to provide fresh insight into the policies, institutions, organizations and other forces that play a critical role in the contemporary economy.
This master's degree is part of the graduate program in Social Sciences and the doctoral training in Social Sciences (PSL-EHESS).
- Train a new generation of scientists and experts capable of renewing the analysis of policies, institutions, organizations and actors that make up the contemporary economy
- To follow an education, in French and in English in the 3 institutions, which combines the contributions of economic and social sciences
A single track in M1 and M2: Economic and Social Sciences.
The master's degree is primarily addressed at students who wish to undertake a scientific career in higher-education or research institutions. They benefit from the reputation of Dauphine - PSL and MINES Paris - PSL to bring them into international research networks so that they can pursue a doctorate.
Prerequisites Master 1: students with at least a Bachelor's degree in the fields of economics, social sciences (geography, history, political science, sociology), management or engineering (including environmental sciences).
Candidates in M1 will have completed at least an introduction to economics and an introduction to scientific research and its methods, and will have a sufficient level of English to prepare the readings and follow the courses in English.
Selection process: selection based on application and interview, to be completed online on the Dauphine - PSL application portal (MyCandidature): Application deadline: February 4 to March 2, 2021
Tuition fees: More information
- Dauphine - PSL : Place du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 75016 Paris
- Mines Paris - PSL : 60, boulevard Saint-Michel, 75006 Paris
- EHESS : 54, boulevard Raspail, 75006 Paris
- EHESS : campus Condorcet
School for registration: Dauphine - PSL or EHESS
Degree delivered:National Master’s degree conferred by Université PSL.
- The core curriculum, designed and taught by teams of two or three teachers of several disciplines (sociology and economics; economics and law; administration and history, etc.)
- Learning survey methods: courses in epistemology; wide range of practical work in statistics; use of digital technologies; possible introduction to the processing of archive and geographical data; participation in the "BigDataBootCamp4Beginners"
- Immersion in current research: access to varied seminars of the research laboratories of Dauphine - PSL and MINES Paris - PSL
- Insertion in international research networks, bilingual teaching; certification in English; English courses for social science research; reception of researchers from foreign institutions
- Set up collective work by and for the students throughout the year: collaborative platform; exchange groups on individual work and support for collective projects
- Personalized support by teachers and researchers: regular dialogue when designing theses in M1 and M2; orientation and support in the search for internships with research institutions, in France and abroad.
Master's program managers:
Sylvain Laurens (EHESS)
Paul Lagneau-Ymonet (Dauphine - PSL)
Any questions: email@example.com
Stay in touch
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Cognitive science
- Data Science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences