Five researchers awarded ERC Consolidator Grants in 2018
On 29 November 2018, the European Research Council (ERC) released the list of 32 young French researchers who won the ERC Consolidator Grant 2018 call for proposals, including 4 PSL researchers.
The ERC Consolidator Grant is an highly competitive grant, worth approximately €2 million, awarded for 5 years to exploratory research projects on an innovative theme. It supports experienced scientists (7 to 12 years after their doctorate) and promising candidates who wish to build or consolidate their research teams.
Here is the list of winners from Université PSL for the ERC Consolidator Grant 2018 call for proposals:
- M'hamed OUALDI, Centre d’Études Turques, Ottomanes, Balkaniques et Centrasiatiques (EHESS, CNRS, Collège de France)
- Claire ZALC, chercheur au CNRS, Institut d'histoire moderne et contemporaine (ENS / Panthéon Sorbonne / CNRS)
- Juliette MANGENEY, chercheur CNRS au Laboratoire Pierre Aigrain (ENS / Sorbonne Université / Paris-Diderot / CNRS)
- Alexandre AUBRY, chercheur CNRS à l'Institut Langevin (ESPCI - Sorbonne Université, Paris Diderot, CNRS)
Funding from the ERC (European Research Council)
Founded in 2007, the European Research Council is part of the European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020). Each year, the committee awards individual funding for a period of 5 years to scientists from all over the world. The ERC funds original exploratory research projects that bring scientific, technical and societal discoveries in all disciplines.
There are five ERC grants:
- Starting Grant: for young researchers - 2 to 7 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2 million euros)
- Consolidator Grant: for researchers - 7 to 12 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2.75 million euros)
- Advanced Grant: for senior researchers (up to €3.5 million)
- Synergy Grant: for a group of 2 to 4 researchers (up to 10 million euros over 6 years)
- Proof of Concept: for the winners, to support the technology transfer of the results obtained within the framework of an ERC grant
PSL has created a dedicated service to support researchers in order to answer to European calls for proposals email@example.com
Since 2012, 149 PSL researchers have been awarded a grant from the ERC