PariSanté Campus: launch of the preliminary forum
PSL is one of the five public bodies behind PariSanté Campus, a cluster for research, innovation, training, and entrepreneurship in the field of digital health. With just a few weeks to go before it is opened to the public, the Commission Nationale du Débat Public (CNDP) is launching a preliminary forum to inform the public and gather its opinion on the suitability and main characteristics of this major project.
Architecture d’intérieur et images de synthèse : BSTLL x ACTO
In December 2020, the French President announced the launch of PariSanté Campus, which aims to "make France a leader in digital health". It relies on five major public operators: Université PSL, Inserm, Inria, the Health Data Hub and the Agence du Numérique en Santé. The campus will host researchers, teachers, students, entrepreneurs, and the general public. Université PSL will be represented by three institutes that combine training, innovation and research:
- The Institut PR[AI]RIE (Paris Artificial Intelligence Research Institute), winner of the 3IA call for proposals, which also includes research chairs and training programs (Dauphine - PSL, ENS - PSL, Institut Curie, Mines Paris - PSL)
- Q-Bio, a cutting-edge research and training environment in quantitative biology, supported by the ENS - PSL
- Physics for Medecine, an institute dedicated to cutting-edge research in medical imaging, supported by ESPCI Paris - PSL
- A broadly interdisciplinary cluster in the Humanities and social sciences centered on health, supported by Dauphine - PSL and ENS - PSL.
Start-ups will also join the site, some of them from PSL laboratories - a call for expressions of interest is underway (see below).
A few weeks before the campus is inaugurated, the Commission Nationale du Débat Public (CNDP) has requested that a preliminary forum be held from September 21 to November 13, 2021. This procedure will provide an opportunity to discuss the originality of the program, its scientific and educational features, the challenges it meets, the expected social and economic benefits, as well as its territorial integration and environmental impact. Alternative solutions will also be discussed through various methods of information and public participation.
Throughout the debate process, each citizen can obtain information and interact with the project leaders by submitting an opinion, asking a question, reading the debate records, participating in the meetings (see calendar below), or by contacting the e-mail address: PariSanteCampus@garant-cndp.fr.
Calendar of the planned debates
- Public opening meeting, September 21 (7 to 9 p.m.), Amphithéâtre Luton de l’UFR Médecine Cochin (24 rue du Faubourg Saint-Jacques, 75014 Paris)
- On-site visit, September 27 (10 a.m. to noon), Ancien Hôpital d’Instruction des Armées du Val-de-Grâce (74 boulevard de Port-Royal, 75005 Paris)
- Meeting with local bodies, September 28 (9 a.m. to noon), marché de Port-Royal
- Online Science Café on the contribution of digital technology to health, October 4 (7 to 9 p.m.)
- Urban workshop on the program and the urban project, October 7 (7 to 9 p.m.), Mairie du 5ème arrondissement (21 place du Panthéon, 75005 Paris)
- Webinar on health data security issues, October 12 (7 to 9 p.m.)
- On-site visit, October 13 (2 to 4 p.m.), Ancien Hôpital d’Instruction des Armées du Val-de-Grâce (74 boulevard de Port-Royal, 75005 Paris)
- Webinar on training projects, October 14 (7 to 9 p.m.)
- Urban Webinar on environmental issues and economic benefits of the project, October 19 (7 to 9 p.m.)
- Science Café on future research projects and their technology transfers, October 21 (7 to 9 p.m.), Salle de conférences de l’ESPCI Paris - PSL (6/12 rue Jean Calvin, 75005 Paris)
- On-site visit, October 26 (9 a.m. to noon), Ancien Hôpital d’Instruction des Armées du Val-de-Grâce (74 boulevard de Port-Royal, 75005 Paris)
- Meeting with local bodies, October 30 (9 a.m. to noon), marché de Port-Royal
- Meeting with local bodies, November 4 (9 a.m. to noon), marché de Port-Royal
- Radio debate from the angle of the treatment of the historical and memorial dimension of the site in the project (to be confirmed)
- Public closing meeting, November 9 (7 to 9 p.m.), Mairie du 5ème arrondissement (21 place du Panthéon, 75005 Paris)
The meetings with the public are organized in strict compliance with the current health policies. The public meetings will also be broadcast online at www.concertation-parisantecampus.fr
Call for expressions of interest: PariSanté Campus business center
PariSanté Campus will be a hub for the French digital health sector, and will host companies and players from the world of innovation alongside the scientific teams. Université PSL's Partnerships and Development Department is launching a call for expressions of interest from start-ups, major companies and SMBs, as well as innovative project leaders to join the PariSanté Campus business center.
The opportunities available to this community include:
- A fully renovated workspace with atrium, flexible and secure workspaces, and venues for meetings, demonstrations sessions and events;
- A comprehensive course catalog (technical and scientific workshops, "eHealth@PSC" certifications and customized sessions);
- 360° support including HR, data, legal and financial issues.
Further information: email@example.com