Three PSL Researchers awarded ERC Consolidator Grants in 2020
On December 9, 2020, the European Research Council released the list of 34 young French researchers who won the ERC Consolidator Grant 2020 call for proposals. Among the winners, three scientists work in laboratories run by Université PSL.
The ERC Consolidator Grant is an highly competitive grant, worth approximately €2 million, awarded for 5 years to exploratory research projects on an innovative theme. It supports experienced scientists (7 to 12 years after their doctorate) and promising candidates who wish to build or consolidate their research teams.
- Alejandrina CRISTIA, projet sur les effets de l'acquisition précoce du langage, Laboratoire de sciences cognitives et psycholinguistique (LSCP) du département des sciences cognitives de l'ENS - PSL (UMR8554)
- Marco SCHIRO, Light-Control of Nonequilibrium Quantum Matter, jeunes équipes de l'Institut de Physique du Collège de France - PSL( USR3573)
- Philippe NGHE, Conditions for the emergence of evolution during abiogenesis, Chimie Biologie Innovation (CBI), laboratoire de BioChimie de l'ESPCI - PSL (UMR8231)
Funding from the ERC (European Research Council)
Founded in 2007, the European Research Council is part of the European Framework Program for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020). Each year, the committee awards individual funding for a period of 5 years to scientists from all over the world. The ERC funds original exploratory research projects that bring scientific, technical and societal discoveries in all disciplines.
- Starting Grant: for young researchers - 2 to 7 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2 million euros)
- Consolidator Grant: for researchers - 7 to 12 years after the dissertation was defended (up to 2.75 million euros)
- Advanced Grant: for senior researchers (up to €3.5 million)
- Synergy Grant: for a group of 2 to 4 researchers (up to 10 million euros over 6 years)
- Proof of Concept (vérification de concept): for the winners, to support the technology transfer of the results obtained within the framework of an ERC grant