Energy Engineering at MINES Paris - PSL
MINES Paris-PSL has ranked as the top school of engineering* for close to fifteen years in terms of its volume of contract research for companies. In 2016, its contracts totaled 24 million euros, equivalent to half of the school’s research budget and 40% of the school’s total resources.
The apprenticeship-based energy engineering program (ISUPFERE) is supported by 5 professional associations (GIM, FEDENE, UECF, SERCE, and SYNTEC) covering the entire energy chain, from designing and building to operating and maintaining energy systems.
The ISUPFERE program at MINES Paris-PSL trains engineers capable of implementing the energy transition.
Apprentice engineers are company employees and are paid during their course of study.
The program is offered in partnership with CNAM.
*(source : Industries et Technologies)
MINES Paris-PSL trains energy engineers:
- to work at every step of the chain for Fluids and Energy technical facilities in industry and construction—from design and renovation to management/maintenance—while applying methods to ensure quality and protect the environment;
- to master innovative processes in energy efficiency, renewable energy, optimization of building management and distributed information systems.
The academic program is directly informed by the needs of companies and the latest knowledge thanks to:
- a development council made up of five professional associations;
- a variety of speakers from the business world;
- its research professors, who participate in industrial research contracts that are directly tied to economic realities, thereby keeping their expertise up to date;
- projects drawn from corporate activities. Each project is supervised by the faculty, a key principle of the program’s teaching approach
This academic program is accredited by the CTI (French committee for the accreditation of engineering degrees).
This is a three-year course of study following a work/study model.
- The first year is devoted essentially to engineering science.
- The second year begins to focus on energy, regulations and controls, and engineering management methods.
- The final year is devoted to expertise in energy, societal challenges and needs, and professional integration.
An internship abroad (1 to 4 months) is required between the second and third year.
A one-week exchange with another European school is available.
Two optional courses are offered: Renewable Energy and Construction or Nuclear
The apprenticeship-based energy engineering program is intended for students who have completed a two-year undergraduate degree (BAC+2) in the scientific and technical fields (preparatory classes for Grandes Écoles, DUT, Bachelor’s degree, BTS) and are under the age of 30.
The admissions procedure is as follows:
- applications due (early March)
- entry exam (March/April)
- personal interview (April/May)
- apprenticeship contract signed (by September) The school supports selected applicants in their apprenticeship search by drawing on its close contacts with companies.
This program is also offered as executive education for senior technicians with more than 3 years of professional experience, supported by their company.
School for registration: MINES Paris - PSL
Diploma delivered: Engineering degree accredited by the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieurs (CTI), awarded by Université PSL.
- A program offered by one of the most prestigious French Engineering Schools, in direct contact with the challenges of energy transition
- A solid and content-rich curriculum offering courses in energetics as well as modules in finance, management or marketing giving students the necessary skills to work as a Project Manager.
- Well-known partner companies : Aéroports de Paris, Air Liquide, Bouygues, Dassault, Degrémont, EDF, Eiffage, ENEDIS, ENGIE, GrDF, GRTgaz, Hôpitaux de Paris, Johnson Controls, Lafarge, Orange, PSA, Renault, RTE, Sanofi, Schneider electric, SNCF, SPIE, Valeo, VINCI...
- A curriculum as closely as possible to the filed thanks to numerous speakers coming from the economic world and projects based on companies activities and issues.
- A program drew directly from current research through research professors under industrial research contracts in direct contact with economic realities.
- An internship abroad in a company or research laboratory between the 2nd and 3rd year in order to acquire professional experience in a different cultural, linguistic or industrial context, to learn how to adapt quickly in an unfamiliar environment and to open up to other technical and organizational fields
Head of the apprenticeship-based program: STABAT Pascal
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Cognitive science
- Data Science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences