Call for applications: Tremplins PRAIRIE seeks young researchers
The Paris Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (PRAIRIE: PaRis AI Research InstitutE) launches a call for applications to recruit three to four young researchers with exceptional scientific potential in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Applications must be sent before March 15, 2021.
The call is open to holders of a permanent position within the scope of PRAIRIE (CNRS, Inria, Institut Pasteur, Université PSL, Université of Paris), who have obtained their PhD after September 1st 2012. Tremplin grants are awarded for three years, and the laureates will receive financial support during this period, i.e. a scholarship for their dissertation, operating credits, and, according to their choice, either a bonus or a release from teaching.
Fields of research
Applicants must be conducting research in a key methodological area of artificial intelligence (AI), or be engaged in interdisciplinary research in which AI plays a critical role. Applicants can rely on the ANR's threefold approach to AI research in the 3IA call for proposals. Namely:
- AI core (learning, artificial evolution, optimization, symbolic reasoning, cognitive science);
- integration (artificial vision, robotics, automated natural language processing, multi-agent systems, human-machine interfaces, data science, architecture and hardware components);
- applications (interdisciplinary research activities with specialists in AI application areas, in particular those mentioned in the « security and defence » national plan, transportation and mobility, health, environment).
Applicants are expected to get involved in the life of the Institute, including seminars, collaborative research, and animation of PRAIRIE's club of industrial partners.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted before March 15, 2021 2:00 p.m. CET in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packages must include:
- A two-page résumé;
- Also a two-page research and integration project in PRAIRIE, including the names of potential collaborators among the existing Chairs and Tremplins ;
- Two reference letters;
- If the applicants wishes a release from teaching : attach a letter of endorsement from the component school
The winners will be selected by a committee including members of PRAIRIE and independant scientists, the list will be validated by the steering committee. Like the other PRAIRIE Tremplins and chairholders, the winners will be evaluated by the international jury of the 3IAs at the end of 2021 as part of the overall mid-term evaluation of the Institute.
Results will be released on June 1, 2021.