The Master’s degree program in Public Policy at Dauphine–PSL offers training in social science tools and methodologies for careers in public policy, surveys and polling, urban policy, the social and solidarity economy, and corporate social and environmental responsibility. It offers varied career opportunities both in France and worldwide. The Master’s degree is affiliated with PSL’s graduate program in Social Science.
- A thorough mastery of the qualitative and quantitative methods used in the social sciences.
- An excellent knowledge of businesses and governments at the local, national and international level.
- An introduction to research and higher education in the social sciences through affiliation with the research laboratory.
The Master’s degree offers a variety of career opportunities in businesses and private organizations, local governments and higher education and research:
- Public affairs officer
- Project manager
- Organizational consultant
- CSR specialist
- Social and solidarity economy specialist
- Director of studies
- Regional government executive
- Senior civil servant Research professor Researcher
In the first year of the Master’s degree program, students study a core curriculum in the first semester to help them master basic principles. In the second semester, students must choose a pre-concentration based on their envisaged track in the second year and subsequent career plans (two of those academic tracks focus on public policy while the other two focus on business policy).
Dauphine–PSL: Place du Maréchal de Lattre de Tassigny, 75016 Paris
Desired background for Master’s Year 1
A three-year undergraduate degree (BAC+3, 180 ECTS credits) or the equivalent, obtained at Dauphine–PSL or another university or institution of higher learning, in one of the following fields: humanities and social sciences, sociology, political science, history, economics, management.
By application. The application should be submitted online at the MyCandidature application platform: candidatures.dauphine.fr
National Master’s degree conferred by Université PSL and prepared at Dauphine–PSL.
- The Master’s degree offers advanced training in social science tools and methodologies for careers in public policy, surveys and polling, urban policy, the social and solidarity economy, and corporate social and environmental responsibility.
- Partners with an active role in the program, including the French government think tank France Stratégie, Syndex, the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations, the Ile-de-France regional government, Ipsos, the École Nationale d’Administration and the French Institute for Demographic Studies (INED).
- A highly career-minded curriculum that offers varied career opportunities.
- A strong international focus thanks to academic exchanges with a variety of partner universities around the world, such as East China Normal University in Shanghai.
ContactHeads of the Master's program: Sophie Bernard, Emmanuel Henry and Éric Agrikoliansky, Professors
Stay in touch
Find your course
- By degree
- By discipline
- Sciences des données
- Archives – Documentation
- Plastic Arts
- Banking - Finance - Insurance
- Communications - Journalism
- Sustainable development
- Geography - Geopolitics
- Business Administration - Management
- Art History
- Digital Humanities
- Computer Science
- Mechanics and Materials
- Fashion and design
- Human Resources
- Health - Medecine
- Cognitive science
- Earth sciences
- Engineering Science
- Political Science
- Religious sciences
- Social Science
- Space Science
- Life Sciences