About Covid-19: health situation on March 31, 2021
The Covid-19 health crisis has strongly impacted the lives of students and all our communities, both academics and staff. In order to help and support everyone, Université PSL implemented several policies: emergency assistance fund for students, PCR test campaign, lifelong education... This page gathers information on the university's services and provides an overview of the situation. It will be updated regularly.
Assessment on March 31, 2021:
Université PSL is open. In his speech on March 31, 2021, the President of the French Republic told that students can still attend their courses in their institutions, one day per week and only below 20% of available spots (read the CPU press release). All courses should be taken in strict compliance with health protocols. All of PSL communities are offered the opportunity to perform free PCR tests on campus. To help students with issues, the fourth campaign of the emergency support fund (social and digital support, launched in July 2020) is available until April 9, and distributions of food baskets for students are organized on campus twice a month.
Assessment on March 18, 2021:
Since February 8, all students of the University, at any level, can partly attend their courses in the Schools: one day per week and only below 20% of available spots. This long-awaited return to the Schools is done in strict compliance with health regulations. Université PSL offers all its communities free PCR tests. To help students in difficulty, the University is launching the fourth campaign of the emergency aid fund (social and digital aid, launched in July 2020) and is setting up bi-monthly food basket allocations for students.
The University's services
Until the in-person teachings and campus life fully resume, PSL's academic and administrative teams remain dedicated to ensuring education and to support the community members in difficult situations. Here is an overview of the main services offered:
PCR testing campaign
Since October 14, 2020, thanks to the dedication of the logistic services and Covid referents in our schools, over two thousands students, staff members of the component and partner schools have performed a PCR test. These tests are free, anonymous and not mandatory. They enable the University to resume some courses and activities in the classroom. In partnership with Biogroup laboratory, the tests are available two days a week, between 2 p.m and 5 p.m. on two different campus locations.
To enroll, you should fill out the following form.
- PSL's student health service was launched in September 2020. It is entirely free of charge. It includes in-person appointments in preventive medicine, psychology, psychiatry on two of the campus locations (contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 07 76 08 63 28) and a remote service, which is available 7 days a week, from 7 am to 11 pm and which includes thirty specialties (dermatologists, addictologists, nutritionist, cardiologists, gynecologist, sexologists, sports doctor, etc.).
- The student organization Nightline Paris, of which PSL is a partner, offers students a free listening service (chat, phone...), podcasts and playlists to help them get through this crisis.
Support for students
Emergency support fund
To address the growing precariousness of students due to the health crisis of 2020, Université PSL has established in July 2020 an emergency support fund designed to allocate financial aid on the digital and social needs. Nearly 500 grants, worth nearly €150,000, have been awarded to students from 13 PSL's Schools and Partners.
The fourth campaign of the emergency assistance fund has ran since March 17, 2021. Students may apply before April 7 at midnight.
Distribution of vegetables in baskets
In partnership with the Linkee organization and with the support of the Région-Ile-de-France, PSL student life organizes food distributions for all PSL students upon presentation of their student card. The meetings are scheduled every two weeks and are communicated via social networks and the PSL student life newsletter. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Discount on reconditioned high-tech equipment
Since February 2021, PSL offers students and staff members a 10% discount on the catalog of reconditioned high tech equipment (laptops, tablets, phones...) from the company Ecodair. To use the discount: code PSLE1 for students with a domain name in http://psl.eu - code PSLE2 for other PSL students - code PSLPRO for employees and researchers.
Online collections and available reading rooms
Since last year, the campus has been living under the health measures. Within the PSL Schools, the library teams have made their best to adapt their services to everyone. Online documentation services have been developed and several reading rooms are open following a new access policy.
The PSL School made available to all university teachers a modular course to develop their teaching skills and/or adapt their teaching to remote learning and new digital uses.
Health and wellness
- PSL Sport broadcasts every week for everybody events with cardio training, fitness, yoga, relaxation... which you can attend in person, live or remotely
- To keep in touch and stay informed, even away from campus, PSL Student Life sends a fortnightly newsletter to all students on campus, in both French and English. Selection of events, good tips, information, this letter is yours. Don't hesitate to contact us and contribute firstname.lastname@example.org or to subscribe.
Support for students: national and local websites and services
- 1€ meals in all Crous restaurants: since January 25, 2021, Crous restaurants and cafeterias have been offering €1 meals for all students, whether they are scholarship holders, non-scholarship holders, nationals or internationals.
- "Ecoute-étudiants Île-de-France" Service: Implemented by the Fondation Fondamentale and with the support of the Île de France Region, this platform offers students in the Ile-de-France region psychological support and a listening service. The website is entirely free and anonymous.
- Soutien-étudiant.info : the website lists all the free psychological support services available in France, national hotlines, and offers advice for the mental well-being of students.
- For any psychological emergency, appointments are available at email@example.com
- Free phone service for the general public about COVID-19: 0 800 130 000
- Find a GP if you feel symptoms: 09 72 72 99 09
- Health Emergency phone: 15 SAMU (114 for the hearing impaired persons)